Friday, July 15, 2011

La-La Land Crafts Friday Inspiration ~ A Sketch

Happy Friday! Hope you are having a fabulous day so far! Anyone going to see the new & final Harry Potter film? I am such a big fan of the books and the movies but I am going to wait until next week to see the movie. I think hubby would faint if I insisted on seeing in the day it opens. Besides, I think you would have had to buy your tickets online if you even wanted a chance!

My card today is for La-La Land Crafts Friday Inspiration and this week we have a luscious sketch by Michele to inspire us. Look at it! It is so pretty!

I have been longing to use this adorable Marci Ballerina for a while now and finally got her inked up and ready to color in!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 199

I went with a nice rose color and took some time to add some depth by adding tones of grey around the image. It really makes the image “pop” right off the paper.

The papers (I will admit to using just last Friday) were lying on my craft table and I just thought they were a pretty good match. I did tone down the pink a little by embossing a Stampelgelde grunge corner stamp and a Hero Arts envelope stamp over on top of the paper with some white embossing powder. It helped soften it up and I like the delicate look it brings.

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 200

Copic Markers:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, R20
Hair: E41, E43, Y21
Clothing: R000, R81, R83, R85, G20, G82
Shadow: C00, C1, C3

Hope you enjoyed our fun challenge. We hope to see your cards in the customer gallery.  Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

8 comments:

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the softness of the pink colours
Louise

yvon said...

Gorgeous, girly card Jeanette. Love those pinky's.
Hugs, Yvon

Debbie said...

Love this little ballerina.. she is colored to perfection..

Hugs
Debbie

Louise said...

Hi hunny!
Oh, wow! This is one uttelry sweet little lass :) Gorgeous papers and amazing colouring :)

Have a nice weekend!
Hugs

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a sweet and beautiful card, so pretty!
Hugs Jacqueline

craftymum said...

hI jEANETTE
LOVELY CARD. i LIKE THE COLOURS
HUGS SARAH X

Rosie said...

This is gorgeous!! Your coloring is amazing and it's pink....my favorite color! Hugs, Rosie

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Jeanette, she is so sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails