Sunday, June 26, 2011

Reach for the Stars

Happy very late Sunday night or very early Monday morning…depending on where you live! LOL! We had a busy day today and now is the first chance I have had to get this posted!

As I mentioned in my Saturday post, Katharina, has a brand new Whiff of Joy digital image that is a tribute to the late Michael Jackson. I really think that Alison Acton has captured his spirit in her illustration. I thought I would alter a note-book for my middle son. He loved the image when he saw it. He loves to dance and is quite good at it. We never knew this until last summer when we brought him to a wedding reception after the dinner. He hit the dance floor and was dancing like you wouldn’t believe whilst we were standing watching with our mouths gaping open. Our friends thought he must have been taking lessons! Little monkey!

2011 - Page 193 

I added the glitter red paper onto the notebook using Scor-tape. I know that it will stay put with this strong adhesive. I found a little scrap of this note paper and it was perfect to wrap around the spine.

To create Henry’s spotlight I just measured a piece of silver metallic paper to the same length of the book and cut it at an angle on each side. I then took a  circle nestie die and used it to trace the arc on the spotlight using a paper piercer. I then colored that section in with Oyster Twinkling H20.

Henry was colored using the following Copic Sketch Markers:

E00, E07, E50, E51, E53, E93, E95, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, R05, R08, R17, colorless blender

I then added Twinkling H20’s to his glove, t-shirt, shirt and hat. These are the ones I used:

Siam White, Poppy Red, China Black

2011 - Page 192

The sentiment is from one of Whiff of Joy’s new sentiment sets. It is such a wonderful set full of heartfelt and inspirational quotes. I embossed the sentiment with black powder on the same metallic cardstock I had used earlier.

Here are some links for you:

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great day.

Hugs Jeanette xxo

5 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous notebook Jeanette! Such a fun image too!

Larisa said...

Oh, the image is fantastic! Very good colouring! Love the cover of notebook a lot!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Jeanette,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Louise said...

How cool!
This is utterly gorgoues hunny!
Too bad it was a digi stamp or I would have bought it straight away ;) Your colouring is beautiful beyond words!
Your son will treasure this for sure :)

Hugs!

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhhh...how cute is that!!!!!
What a treasure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails