Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Love New Stamps!

Happy Thursday! I have two new cards to show you using some brand new images released this October! I love playing with new stamps and tools!

My first card uses an image from Whiff of Joy’s new Christmas release. This image is named “A-moosing Christmas” and was wonderful to color! I cut the image out with my oval nestabilities die, masked over it and then air-brushed with my Copic ABS. I didn’t feel there was enough contrast so I then sponged over the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.

The sentiment is from the must-have sentiment set “Seasons Greetings”. It co-ordinates with one of the brand new dies “Fancy Shape”. I love, love how you can create gorgeous little tags using the die with the sentiments…..and it is super easy! I plan to make a small video to show you all how.

The paper is from an old Cosmo Cricket pad that I picked up in a bargain bin last year. I have no idea what the name was. The gingham ribbon is from Papertrey and the flower was a RAK.

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 217 

 

******

My second card features on of the new Wags ‘n Whiskers Fairy stamps that will be released tomorrow! They are so whimsical and fun to create with!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 219

This one is named Iris and after coloring her with my Copics, I added a bit of shadowing around her with a Prismacolor pencil & OMS. I love how it creates a glow around her. I kept the card layout fairly plain and just added a few swirls around the border of the image to soften it up a bit.

We will be having a blog hop tomorrow so don’t forget to stop by so you can enjoy the hop!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Merry said...

Oh these are so beautiful Janette. Your colouring makes them so 3D. That moose is so much fun.

Jolita said...

I love your new cards!
I just ordered the new WOJ christmasimages on monday. Can't wait to use them :-).

Hugs, Jolita

joy said...

Beautiful cards Jeanette. I love the moose ;-)
I too am waiting for the new Christmas images and the sentiments to arrive in my mailbox.

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous cards!! I can't wait to get my WOJ order in. You did a great job with this cute moose!! And WOW!! I love your iris card!! I love the colors you used...so bright and cheerful!!
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers

Alicia B said...

Janette Both cards are just gorgeous!! You have such talent! *Hugs*

Renkata said...

OMG dear Jeanette, such a precious cards , great layout, fantastic details just amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails