Friday, October 1, 2010

Double Challenge Friday

Happy Friday! OMGosh! We haven’t had much rain in the past months but we sure are making up for it. Yesterday it literally poured from the sky all day and night long!

Today, as every Friday, I have two cards to show you. The first one is for this week’s Friday Sketchers Challenge which is being hosted this week by the sweet and sooooo talented Tanja! I am sure you will love her sketch as much as I did!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 202 

You are probably tired of this color scheme but here once again I have used my old SU! stash of papers. This time I have inked up the lovely Musing Melinda. I tried out one of the new dies that Whiff of Joy has released. I can't tell you how much I am loving these new dies. For this card I used the pennant shape which I cut out twice:once in cardstock and the other in patterned paper. I simply snipped the paper one and adhered the little triangles onto the cardstock one. I think this gives it a nice, finished touch.

Don’t forget to check out all the newly released products! I will start showcasing them next week!

We hope  you will be able to play along and post your own creation on the Friday Sketcher blog. Our sponsor this week is:

 

Be sure to check out all the samples that my fellow DT sisters have created for your inspiration. 

Aud, Bea, Claudia, Tanja, JacqueJacqueline, Janneke, Inge

*****

My next card is for the Wags ‘n Whiskers Challenge. This week we are being asked to create a card with a vintage feel to it. Here is what I came up with:

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 209

First I chose one of my favorite WnW images: He Loves Me. Then I found some muted designer papers in my scrap drawers and thought they would create the vintage look I was after. I chose my Copics to match and softly air-brushed the background. I added Liquid Pearls to the petals of the flowers and some stickles to the centers. The satin ribbon is tied with the Bow Easy and I added the prima flower to create a little interest. I added the Wilton Doily at the back of the image for a little contrast. I think it makes it pop! The little pearls at the corners are Martha Stewart.

I hope you can join in on this challenge too and remember to check out our Diva’s gorgeous vintage creations ~here~

10 comments:

Kylie said...

Both cards are beautiful Jeanette!
Hugs
Kylie

Michele Roos said...

Two beautiful cards Jeanette. Love the images you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Christina C. said...

Both of your cards are just gorgeous, Jeanette! All your cards exemplify a masterful artistry.
Beautiful work!!

creacora said...

Both cards are so wonderful love the colouring and the image`s so sweet love it !!
hugs cora

Riet said...

Wowwww Jeanette,So wonderful cards,I love the images and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Jacque said...

What lovely cards, Jeannette, as always!! Your coloring just amazes me...and the cute details you always add are just delightful!!! Both of them are so stunning...Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie...Big hugs..Jacque

Unknown said...

wow jeanette both cards looks so great again and very pretty. your coloration is so brilliant and just perfect.
i wish you a nice weekend.
big hugs, bea

Janneke said...

Both card are amazing Jeanette :D
Have a great weekend!

Aud said...

Such gorgeous cards!♥♥♥

Hugs,
Aud

joy said...

Love your cards! The details you add make them so special.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails