Sunday, August 15, 2010

One card and a notebook

Happy Sunday! Whew! We had a great fun-packed day yesterday! The Narnia exhibit was wonderful. I won’t spoil any surprises for you but it was delightful. We all had our favorite parts of the exhibit!

We also went to the outdoor market I was talking about. I had a few emails asking my which one. It was the Atwater Market :) We bought so much yummy goodness and came home and prepared a gourmet feast! Which reminds me, I bought some yummy raspberries and tiny blueberries to make some muffins……..I better do it quick before they disappear!

This week the theme for the High Hopes Challenge is WATER! I pulled out my HH stamps and found this cutie who had yet to see ink! Then I searched for a sentiment to go with him. HH had the BEST little sentiments and sure enough, I found this one! Now I have the perfect little card to send to cheer someone up!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 146

I went with a clean and simple layout but couldn’t resist adding the 4 little cross-stitches at the top. It just made that space a little less empty!

  • Stamps: High Hopes “ Finnigan”
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: SU! Kraft, White, Black,  DP Cosmo Cricket Joyride
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Embellies: DMC black floss

If you are looking to purchase High Hopes stamps why not check out our Diva's stores:

Amy Wegener - Stampin' Stuff based out of Australia
Nikki Fairbairn -
Bunny Zoe's Crafts based out of the UK/Europe
Lacey Stephens -
Stamp and Create based out of the US
Amy Leggate -
Paper Romance based out of Canada
Karen Goguen/Cathy Siroski -
The Rubber Room based out of Canada

I hope you can join our HH challenge this week! There is always a stamp up for grabs but “you gotta be in it to win it” as the saying goes!

I also have a little post-it holder to show you! The ATS Wednesday challenge is “die-cuts” so I thought I would take the opportunity to create this little holder. I used one of the GORGEOUS Sweet November mermaids! I added a ton of little gemstones to her hair…. I couldn’t resist!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 001

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 144

These little holders are perfect for using up scraps of designer paper. You know….the little pieces that you can’t bear to throw away? I added a top cover of acetate to protect by cute image. You can see it folded back in the second picture.

  • Stamps: Sweet November Bubbles Lostlagoon available ~here~ at Stamp & Create
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DCWV glitter pack, scraps
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Embellies: SU! Ribbon, Adhesive Gemstones

Okay! Thanks for hanging around for my long post! Have a good one!

5 comments:

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Jeanette,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tracey said...

These are both fantastic projects Jeanette!!! Love them both!! xx

Kim said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous notebook Jeanette! Stunning as always hun! Hope you had a fantastic weekend!
Big Hugs~ Kim

Lacey Stephens said...

These are both fantastic projects!! I love your High Hopes card...that sentiment really is perfect for that image!!
And your Sweet November project is just too cute!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Curt in Indy said...

Great job on this week's challenge. That fish is adorable and I really like the sentiment you chose for it. Best, Curt

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails