Friday, August 6, 2010

Double Challenge Friday

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 137

Happy Friday! I was so happy to be able to ink up this gorgeous stamp from the Magnolia Summer kit! I decided to use her for this week’s Friday Sketchers Challenge. This week we are being hosted by the very sweet and  very talented Carole! Her sketch was perfect to use with Mermaid Tilda!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 137I decided to go with a gorgeous pink color for this little mermaid and pulled out this gorgeous Magnolia paper as inspiration. I masked Tilda and then added the seaweed and bubbles stamp. After that, I airbrushed the scene and added stickles to the bubbles and went over Tilda’s hair and tail with copic atyou spica pens. You can see the sparkle in this picture:

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 136

and here is a picture of the tag that pulls out. The sentiment is by Verve Stamps! They have such great fonts and sayings. I just love them!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 135

  • Stamps: Magnolia 2010 Summer Kit, Verve Stamps
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: SU Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Magnolia DP Wedding Collection
  • Coloring: Copic Markers, Stickles in Crystal, Atyou Spica Pens
  • Embellies: Crochet lave and doily (Stamp & Create) Martha Stewart pearls, Slider a gift from Carole :), Grommet and pink & white ribbon from SU!

Be sure to check out all the samples that my fellow DT sisters have created for your inspiration.  We hope  you will be able to play along and post your own creation on the Friday Sketcher blog

Aud, Bea, Carole, Claudia, Tanja, JacqueJacqueline, Janneke, Inge

Our wonderful sponsor is Motivet Stamps so I KNOW that you are all going to be entering! These cute images are real heart melters….that is for sure!

 

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 134

My next card is for the Wags ‘n Whiskers Challenge where we were given the theme of: “Triple Play”! We need to use 3 of something. I decided to use three ribbons! My image is one of the Emma Metcalf ones and I am so happy with these! They are just so sweet and perfect for CAS cards. Coloring them in is  so much fun!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 134

After I cut my image out with my nestabilities, I left it in the die. Then I lightly sponged around the edges. Once you take the die off, you have this lovely crisp white edge! I love this look. I paper pierced along the edges of my DP but it is a little hard to see in my photo.

  • Stamps: Wags ‘n Whiskers Let’s Party available ~here~
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: SU Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Cosmo Cricket Joyride
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Embellies: SU Ribbon, Martha Stewart Punch

I hope you can join us this week at the Wags ‘n Whiskers Challenge! We always have a great prize. If you want some more inspiration, then you need look no further than our blog. My fellow Divas have created some gorgeous projects this week!

Whew! If you just read my whole post…..Thanks for sticking around! Have a fantastic weekend. I will have my card for Sketch Saturday to show you tomorrow!

22 comments:

pink lady said...

Oooh what fab cards. I love that Tilda image, it looks so pretty matted onto that doily and the second card is gorgeous...the punched border looks fab x

Riet said...

Wowwww Jeanette,What a beautiful cards,I love the images andthe colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

yvon said...

Wow, Jeanette, nice cards. I especially like Tilda, the colors and the glittering are so gorgeus.
Hugs, Yvon

cats whiskers said...

Wow Jeanette 2 little stunners here
Hugs Jacqui x

Stampin'Piper said...

What wonderful cards my friend! I really love this mermaid and the little dog looks too cute!

Have a great weekend, big Hugs Tanja

Janie Printz said...

These cards are so adorable Jeanette ... Love the bright colors of the Mermaid & you've colored them both so well. Beautiful papers & great photos of the both cards. What's the secreat to getting such terrific pictures of your card ? My pictures on my blog turn out dull & about half the size of yours. Any suggestions ?
Hugs, Janie

Danielle Champagne said...

Adorable cards Jeanette, My heart goes with Tilda, I love how you created the water effect, beautiful. Very lovely paper and colors. Great idea hiding the tag!
Gorgeous.
Danielle

Marina said...

Your cards are beautiful!
I love the papers and the sparkle on the first card.
The images are cute and details and designs are gorgeous.

Hugs,
Marina

Renkata said...

Two very sweet cards. Great colouring and details.

Sharon Caudle said...

oooooo...they're both gorgeous, Jeanette! I love your color schemes. Tilda is fabulous and love how you colored her, and your WnW card is awesome! I so love your work! Have a great weekend!
hugs!
Sharon

Christina C. said...

OMG, Jeanette, your cards are soooo gorgeous!!!!! I love your mermaid Tilda....looking at it very closely, it looks like you sprayed some sort of glitter mist over the entire image. Magnificent!

Michele Roos said...

Two gorgeous cards Jeanette. Love the colouring of the images and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Emma and Susan said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!!! your image is adorable and your colouring is FAB!
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx

Crystal said...

Oh wow these are GREAT Jeanette fabulous creations!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards, Jeanette
Love your designs, beautiful details.

Karen x

bernietom47 said...

Both cards are lovely. Love the tag behind Tilda
Hugs & Blessings Bernie

Janneke said...

OM your cards are awesome!
Have a great weekend ;0)

Janneke X

Carole said...

Two wonderful cards Jeanette - I absolutely love mermaid Tilda - your colouring is so perfect.
Hugs
Carole x

Carole said...

Jeanette, could you please tell me which Verve set the sentiment is from that you have used with Tilda?
Many thanks
Carole x

Lacey Stephens said...

Wow! Both are gorgeous cards! I love the shimmer on the Magnolia card and great take on the WnW challenge!! Super cute!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Angélique said...

Wow... awesome cards! Love the WnW one ;)
But the Magnolia with all this glitter...wow!!

Kerryn said...

Lovely cards, but that tilda card is probably one of the most amazing cards i have ever seen!! wow. I wish i could make cards like that!! It's truely stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails