Sunday, June 6, 2010

High Hopes Challenge

Happy Sunday! Today I have my card for this week’s High Hope Challenge to show you. The theme this week is a Father’s day or masculine card. I created this one for my dear hubby. One of his favorite ways to relax to go down to the river where we live (it is about a 5 minute walk) and go fish. Lately, my two older sons have started to go with him. I don’t know how relaxing it is anymore but it is certainly a time that they all enjoy!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 051

OMGosh! As I look at this photo, I realize that I didn’t color in his little bobble at the end of his line. Has this ever happened to you? I am so sorry about that. I will have to go and color it after I post this! LOL!

  • Stamps: High Hopes Time Well Spent
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: SU cardstock, Misc scraps
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Embellies: SU Ribbon Baja breeze, SU hemp twine, Heart from my dear friend Bea

If you are looking to purchase High Hopes stamps why not check out our Diva's stores.
Amy Wegener - Stampin' Stuff based out of Australia
Nikki Fairbairn - Bunny Zoe's Crafts based out of the UK/Europe
Lacey Stephens - Stamp and Create based out of the US
Amy Leggate - Paper Romance based out of Canada

Hope you can join us at the HH challenge this week. This is the fabulous stamp that is up for grabs! So why not give it a try?

16 comments:

Maria Therese said...

So cute card!!

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Oh, you colored it beautiful!

Julye said...

Hi Janette love your card, I actually used the same image but mines not coloured half as well as yours. Please could you tell me how you did your fab cloudy sky. Thanks Julye

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Jeanette! I love your cloudy sky background - it's gorgeous! Great choice of papers too! And no, you're not the first to have 'forgotten' to colour a part of the stamp, lol!!!
Enjoy your Sunday!
Hugs, Danielle

Jocelyne Chevarie said...

Bien le bonjour,

Vraiment très jolie. Je vais m'en inspirer pour la carte des fêtes des pères pour papa. Pour faire le ciel, aviez-vous masqué votre dessin?

Passez une journée merveilleuse ;o)

Debby Winters said...

Beautiful card! You colour so well! and yes I have forgotten to colour a small part of my card as well, but always manage to catch it before I gift it!

Kim said...

Absolutely beautiful Jeanette! And don't worry about not coloring the bobble...you card still looking stunning even with no color there! :) Love it! The scene you have created (sky/water) is stunning hun!
hugs~ Kim

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute, Jeanette! I just received this stamp and can't wait to ink it up!

angeleef said...

What a lovely boy's card! I didn't forget to colour something, but I noticed after looking at my picture again that I coloured something wrong. I had already gave this card to someone, so I was feeling rather stupid about a month after it happened! Ow well, stuff happens :)
** Evi **

Riet said...

So beautiful card Jeanette,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Jeannet, beautifully colored

Hugs Suze xx

Lacey Stephens said...

Hey, it's just a white bobble!! LOL Yes, I've done that a few times!! And you're right..I don't know how relaxed your husband is with the boys with him!! I know Scott would go crazy trying to fish with Ryan (who would probably end up in the water trying to look as something closer)!!
Fantastic card! I love the cloud background, too!
~Lacey

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Jeanette, love the image and great colours too.
luv
Debby

Jo said...

Jeanette, this is gorgeous, perfect for a fathers day!! hugs Jo x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Jeanette!! I love your sky and your stunning coloring!! Great layout and design with the sweet popcorn bear!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love it Jeanette, that is one of my very favorite images!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails