Happy Wednesday! Today I want to show you the Advent Calender that I made for my sons. Up until this year, I had three separate ones. Now I have created one that can hold 3 little chocolates in each drawer…one for each of my boys.
When I came to deciding upon which images to use….it was too easy. I am pretty sure if you know me, you know how much I adore Whiff of Joy stamps! I knew I wanted the sweet Christmas Henry Mouse stamps! They have to be among my very favorite collections. I took lots of pictures so bear with me and my long post!
- I created a base and a top with cardboard sandwiched between cardstock – each measuring 5.5x5.5”
- I then made 24 matchboxes using my Stampin up die and the Big Shot (yes…..it took a long time)
- I sponged around the boxes with SU! Red Riding Hood ink and then attached little gemstone brads using my cropodile to create the holes.
- I then adhered the match-boxes together in groups of 6 using Scor-pal tape.
- I added the numbers which are glittered chipboard by Mulitcraft Imports
- I then adhered the 4 groups to the base and then adhered the lid.
- The embellies are from Making Memories
- Paper is SU Red Riding Hood, Basic Grey Wassail
I will admit that it did take a long time to make. I made it in stages whenever time permitted. I am so happy with the result and it looks so pretty AND 3 little Lindor chocolates fit into the drawers so perfectly. You know that you could make a gift for someone to celebrate the 12 days of Christmas. Just make 12 boxes instead of 24 and you would have a height of 3 rows instead of 6.
Thanks for stopping by! EDIT: I am going to enter this to the WOJ challenge! I saw that we need to have glitter and I have loads on this project!