The Stampe Shop is introducing it’s new blog, card gallery and Design Team. I was extremely fortunate to have been chosen to be a member of the team. I am working alongside some very talented girls; Heidi (the owner extraordinaire), Carla (DT head), & Melyssa.
Each of us will be hosting a challenge for you all to join in on and we each have some candy that Heidi is generously giving away. On top of that, there is one grand prize if you complete all four challenges and complete a fifth card by casing one of the cards in the DT Card Gallery . Just let us know whose card you used and post a link here. All cards must be linked by Tuesday, December 8th at Midnight EST to be eligible.
My Challenge is to create an Easel Card. Here is my sample using Wrapped Tilda from the 2009 So Jolly Collection.
- Stamp: Magnolia 2009 So Jolly Collection: Wrapped Tilda
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Paper: SU! Red, Magnolia Christmas Patterned Paper
- Coloring: Copic Markers, Shimmerz in Pixie Dust, Stickles
- Embellies: SU! Felt Snowflake, Striped Ribbon
- Special Tools: Score-tape, Center Medallion: Spellbinders Die, Leaves SU! Die
Here is a little mini-tutorial on how I created my easel card:
- Cut two pieces of cardstock to 5.75”x5.75” and adhere to front and bottom panels. In my sample I used green cardstock.
- Cut two pieces of patterned paper to 5.5”x5.5” and adhere to front and bottom panels. In my sample I used various coordinating papers.
- Cut a piece of cardstock 6.0”x2.5”. In my sample I used red cardstock.
- Cut a piece of cardstock 5.75”x2.25”. In my sample I used green cardstock.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper 5.5”x 2.0”.
- Adhere all pieces together and then adhere along the center of your bottom panel. This will keep the easel open. In my sample I also added a decorative piece of white cardstock that I punched with a Martha Stewart border punch.
That is the main form for the easel card and now you can decorate to your heart’s desire!
Here is the “So Jolly” blog candy I am giving away:
So Jolly Candy
Magnolia So Jolly paper sampler
5 x envelopes (5.5 x 5.5)
1 x Melissa Frances keyholes
1 x Kaisercraft pearls (Snow)
Magnolia stamped images (Tilda with Vintage Roses, Tilda with Candle, Edwin with lantern, Tilda wearing Wreath, Tilda with Christmas Tree)
In order to be eligible to win this prize you must:
- Create your own easel card. It must be a NEW card & must include a Magnolia image.
- Please don't combine challenges.
- You must post the card on your blog and include a link back to this posting.
- You must leave me a comment on this posting and leave me a link directly to to your challenge card, not just your blog.
- Unlike my other candies, only participants from Canada/USA are eligible to win.
Okay, the next stop on the hop is Carla. Have fun and I hope you can join in on the fun! You have until Tuesday, December 8th at Midnight EST to complete this challenge. I will announce my winner the next day!