Friday, October 30, 2009

Baby It’s Cold Outside ~ Friday Sketchers

Friday Sketchers - Page 042

Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by! I received my Whiff of Joy Winter kit a few days ago and it didn’t take long before these beauties were E-Z mounted and ready for action! I have used this very sweet and somewhat chilly Willow for my Friday Sketchers card. This week, the amazing Aud is hosting and has provided us all with a great sketch to follow. We have such great sponsors here at FS and this week it is Sassy Studio Designs that will  generously give a prize to one of our lucky participants!

Friday Sketchers - Page 042

All the stamps in the winter kit are wonderful and picking one was hard but I had a plan in mind when I saw the sketch and this image was perfect for it. The whole time I was working on this card, the song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” was playing over and over in my head (hence my blog post title) ….in fact I realize that I must have been singing it over and over  because now my little one is walking around singing it!

I paired this chilled Willow up with the WOJ bench and added Polar White Flower soft around it and on top of it. The background behind is a piece of glitter paper and the fancy border was done with an EK success punch. The final touch was to add some dots with Liquid pearls.

The WOJ sentiment is perfect for the card once you pull out the tag and see what is attached!

Friday Sketchers - Page 043

  • Stamps: Whiff of Joy Winter Kit (images will be available to purchase separately at a  later date) Wooden Bench
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: SU Baja Breeze, Bazzill Pink, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, DCWV Glitter Stack
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Embellies: Brad from SU, Liquid Pearl,  all the rest are from my unmarked stash!

Thanks for stopping by today and a special thanks to all of you who leave me such kind words. I appreciate them more than you know and they motivate me to keep on stamping and blogging!

For more inspiration, see the Friday Sketchers blog and feast your eyes on my amazing fellow DT and I really hope you have the chance to play along this week! Here’s the sketch:

19 comments:

Victoria said...

This is stunning Jeanette! I adore this cute image and the papers you've used are fab!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Sonia said...

Wooow...this card ist stunning. I love everything on it...the papers, coloration, the image...absolutely great.
Hugs,
Ranita

Unknown said...

Great work, fab colouring and colors, very nice papers. LG Andy

Chrissie said...

This is just gorgeous Jeanette!
I just love the way this sweet little girl goes so perfectly with the papers and colour combo you've chosen.

Unknown said...

wow jeanette your card is fantastic and so amazing. all the lovely details and perfect coloration. looks so pretty. it´s a great idea to use the tea bag.
have a nice weekend, my dear.
big hugs, bea

cats whiskers said...

Jeanette this is just beautiful dear what awesome clouring, you have created some stunning cards since Ilast visited, soory I have been absent for so long, but I did manage to get some sleep last night
Hugs Jacqui x

Debby said...

This is just incredibly beautiful! The colors, the attention to detail- just gorgeous!

Anneke klerks said...

prachtige card

greetings anneke

Christina C. said...

Wow, this card is absolutely precious. Love that image and the exquisite way you presented her. Stunning snowflake!!!! Hugs, Christina

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Jeanette! Great colouring and a super cute image!
Have a nice weekend

Greetings Jannie

Aud said...

WOW, what a beauty of a card!♥♥♥
The colors, the image, the papers, the tea-bag-tag (fun word) =0) - it's all just perfect and gorgeous!

Thank you for making this wonderful card using my sketch!


Have a happy weekend my friend!

Big hugs,
Aud

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Jeanette! love the colors and papers and that gorgeous snowflake! Super cute tag too and tea, love it!!

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Your card is beautiful! The colours and the details are great.
Hugs Jacqueline

Jacque said...

Oh my, Jeanette...she is gorgeous...beautiful card!!! The colors you have used are just stunning...love those pinks...beautiful and so charming!!! Great job, sweetie...Hope you all have a wonderful weekend..Hugs..Jacque

Lacey said...

This is such a fun card (and a great sketch, too)!! I love the pull-put tag...what a great idea!
~lacey

Jo said...

Jeanette this is gorgeous. Jo x

Jo said...

Jeanette this is gorgeous. Jo x

Nilla said...

Beautiful, Jeanette!! Just beautiful! Hugs Nilla

Stampin'Piper said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I love the colours and the Snowflake is sooo beautiful!

Have a great sunday, big Hugs Tanja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails