Hi Everyone! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by! It is already Wednesday and time to show you my card for this week’s Sweet Stop. I decided to make an elegant card using this scripture from the Sweet ‘n Sassy Light of the World set. Using my Nestabilities, I created two scalloped mats and cut the inside of the cream one with a smaller plain Nestie rectangle. This way my sentiment is within a window. The flowers were created with Spellbinders flower die and while they were still in the die, I lightly sponged them with ink. When I removed the die, I had that perfect light edge all the way around.
- Stamps: Sweet ‘n Sassy Light of the World
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
- Paper: SU River Rock and DP – retired, Bazzill Bling Cardstock
- Embellies: SU Ribbon, K&Co Adhesive Pearls
For this card, I followed the CPS Sketch and used the “In His Time” set. The butterfly was colored with Copics and then masked so I could airbrush around it. I used the same marker to color around the border of the shape to give it some contrast. The sentiment was done in the same manner. I added some glitter to the butterfly but it is not showing up that well.
- Stamps: Sweet ‘n Sassy In His Time
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Paper: Paper Trey Melon, SU Whisper White, DP from stash
- Coloring: Copic Markers and Airbrushing
- Embellies: SU Ribbon, Crystal star from stash, Flourishes made with EK Success punch
I am busy trying to get a lot of my DT cards ready in advance because we are planning to take some small trips in the next few weeks. I am worried because I am still having problems with my scheduled posts. Is anybody else having this problem and does anyone know if there is anything we can do to correct it? I have a feeling that my careful planning will be for naught if my posts do not go live as scheduled!