Gayle included this wonderful image to show you the exact dimensions that you need to cut out.
For my base, I used Craft-a-board which is something I had bought from Ellen Hutson a while ago. It is a very light but sturdy board, slightly thicker than cardboard and was perfect for this project. I am sure that cardboard would also work wonderfully.
I cut out this shape once in the board, once in my DP and another time in matching cardstock. I cut out the circular opening using my cuttlebug and a circle nestie die. I adhered the pieces together with double-sided adhesive tape and then I sponged around all the edges with ink. The board takes the ink very well and you can't see where the paper meets the board at all.
I used a lot of different embellishments on the card and created something really fun and "girly"!
- Stamps: Sugar Nellies Gorjuss Girls, available through Funky Kits
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Balck, Papertrey Perfect Plum
- Paper: Papertrey Perfect Plum, DP by My Mind's Eye
- Coloring: Copic Markers & Atyou Soica Pens
- Embellies: Ribbon - May Arts, Flourishes - EK Success Punch, Border is MS punch, Leaf ribbon is from a local craft store and the sparkle brads were a gift from my friend Janette.
I hope this inspires you to make one of your own. I really isn't hard and it is a nice little gift. Once my boys saw this one, I had a few new "orders" for some of their own!