Friday, April 17, 2009

Dreams

I have a few posts for you today. This first one was a card that I put together the other day while my son was doing his homework. He is in Grade 2 and still needs a little help from time to time and now that I have my craft room, he sits opposite to me and while he is working, I take the opportunity to color my images or work on a card.

I am totally in love with this new Sweet 'n Sassy Set. It is called Dream Silhouettes and lends itself to so many different techniques. I have tried something a little new here. I embossed all the images with a versamark pad and white embossing powder. Then I started to layer on the colors using sponges and versacolor ink. At first, I had just a pale yellow on the top and green on the bottom, but I just kept layering different colors on, blending them in, and this is the result. The sentiment is also from the set and is one of my favorites as well.

I also wanted to mention that Sweet 'n Sassy is now carrying Neenah Classic Solar Crest paper. This is my preferred paper to use when coloring with my Copic Markers. I have learned that one of the real secrets to beautiful blending starts with the quality of paper that you use. I had been using cheaper paper that I found at Walmart and honestly, it just isn't good enough. Neenah is thicker and just works so much better. So if you are struggling with your Copic Coloring, give this paper a try....you will love it! Korin also has some copic markers that are left over from this month's Copic club, so hurry on over if you want some! I am sure that they will go quickly.

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I will get to my other posts later in the day! Have a good one!

5 comments:

cats whiskers said...

At last I have a loittle tme to catch up on blogging hopping, dying to see what little beauties I have missed on here sweetie. Love this first one te colouring layering is perfect and that image is so serene
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

Your card is so beautiful. I just adore that stamp set and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. >:0)

Riet said...

wowwww Jeanette,what a beautiful card and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Jeanette!!

Have a super weekend!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

So soft and pretty!! This is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails