Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Traveler Tilda

I am using another of the new Magnolia stamps. This time it is Traveler Tilda. I have used a sketch that I found on Trina's blog. I will enter it for a chance to win her amazing blog candy. It is a really great sketch and I had so much fun creating the card! I tried a new technique (for me) and paper pieced the luggage. I used the same DP as my background for the card. I stamped it twice. Once on the DP and then a second time on some white Wasau. I colored the second with my copics and then cut all the tiney pieces out and glued them onto the DP one. I am happy with how it turned out. I think I'll use the technique again!

  • Stamps: Magnolia Travel Collection, SU! Carte Postale (sentiment)
  • Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Palette Lavender Moon
  • Paper: PaperTrey Laveder Moon, DP Karen Neuburger
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Embellies: SU! Gemstone Brad
  • Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilites, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, SU! Flower Punch

8 comments:

mariaadams said...

Gorgeous cards, Jeannete- I love them both!
Maria x

Lori said...

She is so adorable. Love how you paper pieced the luggage.

deb said...

Gorgeous!! I love that Tilda! She is going on my want list! Your layout and coloring are awesome!
hugz

Tanja said...

This Card is absolutly adorable! I love it! The Paperpiece with the luggage is a great idea, I have to try it!


Hugs Tanja

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

This is gorgeous Jeanette, You've done a fabulous job with the luggage and your colouring is just so beautiful, Hugs, Nikki x

Ying Pang, said...

Hi Jeannet,
I love your Tilda card, specially the coloring!! You are talented , I love your other creation too.

Ying
Magnolia DT

Trina said...

Oh my gosh Jeannete!! I really love this card! Your coloring is amazing, I love how you paper pierced the luggage, and I love the dp! Thanks for taking part in my blog candy challenge!

Claudia Rosa said...

aaaawesome.
this paper piecing on the luggage ??? how perfect is that?
fabulous
hugs
claudi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails