Thursday, August 14, 2008

Claudia's Sketch & Cute Card Thursday

Claudia has posted a fabulous sketch on her blog and had invited everyone to follow it to create a card. You can see all the details on her blog: Pretty Pressings. I chose one of my favorite Magnolia stamps and my favorite color combo. This is a great sketch and it challenged me to add more layers than I usually do. I colored Tilda with Distress Inks and the background behind her I did with Twinkling H20s. This gives it a soft shimmer. The button didn't quite match my papers so I just stippled on some Blue Bayou ink to make it match a little better. The little charm hanging from the button is a dragonfly. I am also going to enter this in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge which is to use "soft furnishings" on your card. Yes, I too was a little confused but if you read their instructions it becomes clearer! I am considering the ribbon and the button as my "soft furnishings" So again, thanks for stopping by and thanks also to you lovely ladies who always leave such kind comments - you really do make my day!

  • Stamps: Magnolia, SU! Fresh Cuts
  • Ink: Stazon, SU! Blue Bayou
  • Paper: SU! Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Afternoon Tea, Basic Grey Two Scoops
  • Coloring: Distress Inks, Twinking H20s
  • Embellies: SU! SOft Sky ribbon, HodgePodge Hardware, Dollar Store Dragonfly

12 comments:

Irina Blount said...

Your card is so lovely, I really like this color combination and your coloring is just fabulous!!
Hugs,
:) Irina

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh wow Jeanette, you have done an amazing job with Claudia's sketch, I love how you have added the little charm to the button, Tilda is just gorgeous and your colouring is so wonderful as always, Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Brocéliane said...

C'est superbe :)

*Brocéliane*

Christine Riley said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Great coloring and I love all the layers. Thanks for sharing :)

Katharina Frei said...

WOW Jeanette!!! This card is brilliant. Love the layout and the papers you used. Wonderflu coloration and details!!

Bev said...

Oh Jeanette this is just a dream of a card - the colours and papers are gorgeous and your colouring and layout just perfection

darcy48 said...

She is so cute and love the bles you have used hugs Arlinex

Jilli said...

This card is just gorgeous, I love the sketch might have to look at that one myself. The colours are fab and so is your colouring! Jillix

Deb said...

beautiful card, love those papers and such a great interpration of the sketch, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

debby4000 said...

WOW this is gorgeous, fabulous work using the sketch. What great colours you've used they're so pretty.

Angie C said...

Such a beautiful card. Love your colour scheme and your colouring is perfect. Love the Tilda you have used too. A great take on Claudia's sketch.
hugs
Angie

cats whiskers said...

This is a really beautiful card, I adore everything about it, and you colouring is superb
Hugs Jacqui x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails