Monday, July 14, 2008

Cute Card Thursday Challenge # 18

I am getting this in just under the wire! The challenge this week was to make a card for a child. I have had the idea for this card for some time now, and this was perfect opportunity. My 7 year old son loves anything to do with knights and dragons. He is forever playing dress-up and he is always drawing pictures of dragons. I decided to make a cute little knight card for him and use one of his dragon drawings as well! I scanned his drawing, printed it out and photocopied it at 60% the original size on Wasau paper. I was able to use my copic markers on the image. (A little tip I picked up from Marianne) I found the tutorial to make this little trifold card on splitcoasters. You can find it here. I added sparkle to the images with Sakura pen. The cardstock and ribbon is Blue Bayou. The silver paper is just something I had in my stash. You should have seen his face today when he opened it up. He wondered how I got his dragon in there!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...what an amazing card...fabulous! Perfect boys card!
Carole ;o)

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fantastic, I love the images you have used.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

danemi1 said...

What a fabulous card - your son will adore it I am sure

Elaine

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

so cute.
perfect for a boy.. my son would love it so do i

Deb said...

wow fantastic card, really love the design and especially the dragon inside, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails