Thursday, January 14, 2021

Happy New Year!

 Happy Thursday and Happy New Year! I wish you and all those whom you hold dear all the very best in the coming year.  Although......the year seems to be off to a rocky start!

I took a little more time off than I had anticipated over the Christmas break and this was due in part to the fact that my package containing new January goodies from Whimsy is taking almost a month to get to me.  I was tracking my package hopefully until it started what can only be called a trans-canadian voyage through the eastern part of the country. I was happy when I saw that it had reached Montreal only to be disappointed the next day when it didn't arrive and upon checking, I saw that it had gone to Nova Scotia!?!

I finally stopped waiting for the package and pulled out some previously released products and got crafty in my studio!  Here is the first card.  I cannot deny that the sentiment is pretty spot on!


I used the Dragon New Year Clear Stamp Set for both the image and the sentiment.  I stamped the image onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock, masked it and then sponged on the sky using various distress inks and a cloud stencil.

I then colored up the image using Zig Real Brush Clean Color markers.  The combination of these markers with the Bristol paper is a match made in heaven.  I always get amazing coloring results when I use this duo of products.

I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment using Versafine Black Onyx ink (the same ink that I used to stamp the image).


Dragon New Year Clear Stamp Set


Zig Markers Used:

036 Light Blue, 033 Persian Green, 041 Light Green, 042 Turquoise Green, 045 Pale Green, 080 Violet, 081 Light Violet

Well, that is my first blog post for 2021 done and I will be back in the next few days with more colorful and happy cards!
Thanks for swinging by! Be Safe!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh Jeanette, I absolutely adore this card, the dragon is sooo cute and the sentiment is perfect. Will have to see if I can find this stamp set. I mail is really slow, down here it takes a long time for mail to reach us from your side of the world. It would be really nice if things start to improve soon. Take care and keep safe. Jeanette, New Zealand.

Unknown said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حمام بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة تعقيم بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف خزانات بخميس مشيط

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails