Sunday, May 31, 2020

Friend


Happy Sunday my friends! I cannot believe that this is the last day of May. It has been a difficult month for us personally. We lost my father-in-law who has been ill for many years and on a constant and steady decline in health.  Now, we wait for our province to open up so that we might have a funeral mass for him.  I keep a lot of my life private but  felt that this was something that I should share with you. Many of you have been my followers for such a long time and I feel connected to you. Not saying anything at all has been weighing on my mind.

One thing that has uplifted us and helped us has been our friends.  Friends that were immediately there for us, offering simple kindness, help and words of love.  The outpouring of support has been extraordinary. I will be sending out a lot of cards of thanks in the coming weeks.


I made this card several weeks ago.  It was created by using the Layered Dahlia Clear Stamp SetI used various shade of Distress Oxide ink to create this look.  It is very simple.  Stamp the largest stamp with your lightest ink, your mid-size stamp with a medium ink and the smallest stamp with your darkest shade.  I used my Misti to make sure that the stamps were all lined up perfectly at each step.


I very much like the look of inks of kraft paper and you can see how well the ink looks.  I cut a vellum strip so that the sentiment was a little more prominent.  I used the Friend Word and Shadow Die Set and the You're Too Kind Clear Stamp Set to create that white embossed word. 





Layered Dahlia Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps

Friend Word and Shadow Die Set - Whimsy Stamps

You're Too Kind Clear Stamps - Whimsy Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back tomorrow with a new card from the June Mini Release!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails