Monday, July 8, 2019

Sweet Little Mermaid

Happy Monday! I hope that you all had a fantastic weekend and that this brand new week is off to a great start.  I have quite a few cards made that I want to blog!! Finding the time to write these posts is where I have the most trouble. This card is one that I  actually made a couple of weeks ago.  It features this super sweet little mermaid from Honey Bee stamps.  I actually picked this set up last year and it has sat patiently in my stash just waiting to be used!

I thought I would try some no-line water-coloring using my Zig Real Brush Clean color markers.  I rececntly picked up a few new ones to expand my collection and was anxious to have a play with them.  As I always do when using these markers, I stamped up my image onto Bristol Smooth card-stock.  It is such a great paper for these markers and always yields a beautiful result.  The ink that I used was Tattered Rose Distress as it was light enough to “disappear” once I started applying the marker colors to it.  I have listed all the markers that I used at the bottom of this post.



I kept my coloring quite soft.  I did spend a lot of time adding definition and texture to her beautiful, long braids.  It took some patience, but in the end I like how they turned out. I colored up a couple of the wee fish that are included in the set and added detail to them using the fine tip of the brush markers.  I did the same thing with her mermaid tail.  Once the coloring had dried, I fussy cut them out.

To create the backgound I used the largest die in the Whimsy die set.  I absolutely LOVE this set.  You can use it for so many different purposes.  I think it is a must-have.  I cut the shape out of the same Bristol card-stock that I had used for the coloration.  This time I added Distress Inks to create a marbled background. 

 
To create the sentiment, I cut a stitched oval shape out of some grey card-stock and heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder.  After adhering everything to the card, I found some little shaped gem adhesived that matched my color palette perfectly!



Supplies


Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:

Skin: Blush – 069, Flesh Color – 071, Tea Rose – 220

Hair: Oatmeal – 064, Light Beige – 074

Top: Cobalt Blue – 031, Light Blue – 036

Tail: Cobalt Blue – 031, Pale Green – 045

Fish#1 : Light Green – 041, Pale Green –045

Fish #2: Bright Yellow –052, Yellow -050

Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails