Monday, July 1, 2019

Just Keep Swimming Ocean Scene Card

Happy Monday and Happy Canada Day! I hope you have had a great start to the week or if you are a fellow Canadian, you are enjoying an extra day off!
Today is release day for Whimsy Stamps and I am sharing a fun sea creature card that I made!  I was able to incorporate a lot of the sea-themed items that have been released recently!  I love “shopping” my stash and pulling out products that I can use together to create unique scenes!


The card-base is a standard A2 size.  I then cut out an A2 sized panel and centered the larger die in the Wavy Nested Frames Die Set over it and cut out the shape.  I mounted the panel over top my card-base using some foam tape.  This raised it slightly and creates a window effect.

I used the inside shape to create an ocean scene.  I used the Picket Fence Life Changing Blender brushes for the first time and they are awesome.  Maybe not life-changing but certainly game-changing!!!  I first blended Tumbled Glass Distress ink over the entire surface as a base.  I then placed the Making Waves Stencil  over top and blended on Mermaid Lagoon.  I then popped this into the opening using regular adhesive. I wanted this to be inset.

I die-cut some of the awesome shapes in the Build-an-Ocean Die Set out of some plain white card-stock.  I added them into the frame to fill it in a little.



The cute critters were colored with various Copic Markers and then adhered into my little ocean scene.  I have listed the markers used below :) I did add a few white accents dots onto the sea-critters as an added highlight.

The sentiment is from set and was added to the front of the card using some crisp black ink.  I used a new one from Gina K that I just picked up. I will have it linked below for you!


*NEW Baby Sea Creatures Clear Stamps

*NEW Build-an-Ocean Die Set

Wavy Nested Frames Die Set

Making Waves Stencil

Distress Ink Mini Pad - Tumbled Glass

Distress Ink Mini Pad - Mermaid Lagoon

Crafty Foam Tape White


Turtle: YG00, YG03, YG61, YG63, YG67
Jelly-fish: RV11, RV14, RV17, RV19
Star-fish: YR30, YR21, YR24



That is it! I hope this card made you smile and has given you a wee bit of inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs Jeanette xxo





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails