Thursday, May 9, 2019

Scratchy Plaid Thank You Card

Happy Thursday Today I want to share a simple thank you card with you. I have combined a variety of Whimsy Stamp products, both old and new to create this card!  You could easily switch out the ink colors and use another word die (Whimsy has so many lovely ones) to create a completely different card for a different occasion!


The starting off point for this card was the awesome new Scratchy Plaid Background Stamp.  To create this look, I used two different ink colors.  I first lined up my card-stock panel onto my Misti Platform, being careful to line the edges up with the lines on the Misti.  Then I laid the stamp over top and  lowered the lid to my Misti which picked up the stamp.  I inked it with light orange and then lowered the lid to stamp the paper. Now, this is the important bit.  Do no remove the stamp from the lid.  Simply wipe it down to remove the residual ink.  What you will move is the card-stock.  I moved it over to the next line up and the next line to the right on the Misti. I then inked up my stamp with some red ink and lowered the lid to stamp the second set of lines.

To complete the card. I adhered my inked panel onto a card-base and cut out some vellum using one of the dies that come in the Envelope Edger Die Set.  It adds interest without detracting from the fun plaid background.  I used the Thanks Word and Shadow Die Set to create the sentiment.  Using the gold foil paper added a little touch of elegance to the card and I also added a strip of the gold foil paper to the top of the card.  This helped hide the adhesive that I used to add the vellum to the card. The final step was to add a few coordinating  Summer Breeze Enamel Dots.


*NEW Scratchy Plaid Background Rubber Cling Stamp

Envelope Edger Die Set

Thanks Word and Shadow Die Set

*NEW Summer Breeze Enamel Dots

Thanks for joining me and have a lovely rest of the weekend!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails