Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Boo | Whimsy Stamps September Release

Happy Wednesday! Hope your week is off to a great start. We are starting to get into a groove here – get used to everyone’s new schedules.  I have a new card to share with you today featuring the Cute But Psycho Clear Stamp Set from the September release.  I decided to make a one layer card to showcase this rather grumpy looking trick or treater!

To start, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth surface paper to measure 4.00” x 5.25”.  I wanted to create a stormy “halloweenesque” dusk sky for the background. I used a cloud stencil to help gently blend the colors together. I used Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violets, Spiced Marmalade for the sky.  Then I sponged in some Mowed Lawn from the bottom of the card upwards to blend into the sky.  Then I used a tiny amount of Black soot along all sides of the cardstock to add some contrast and make the colors a little more somber!

Once the ink was dry, I stamped on the haunted house, making sure to line up the sky and grass line with the house. I used some Polychromos pencils right over top the distress ink to color in the house, windows, door and trees. I love how easily the pencils went over top the distrss inks!

I then used Black Soot and the new Halloween Creatures Stencil to add in the fabulous bats. Is it a flock of bats??? I had to look it up.  So, apparently it is called a colony of bats when they are huddled, hanging upside down in a cave together but when they are flying around together at dusk they are called a cloud.

Getting back to the actual crafting of this card: I stamped the disgruntled Halloweener on some Neehah cardstock and colored her up with various Polychromos pencils.  After fussy cutting the image out, I adhered her to the card using some glue dots.




Cute But Psycho Clear Stamp Set

*NEW Cute But Psycho Clear Stamps

Halloween Creatures Stencil

*NEW Halloween Creatures Stencil

Typography Clear Stamps

Typography Clear Stamps

Distress Ink

Ink Blender


That is it for me today! Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanete xxo


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails