Friday, August 24, 2018

Graduation Card | Whimsy Stamps

Happy Friday my lovelies! It has been a week! One boy went back to school this week and it was a flurry of getting organized for a new school for him.  So posting and crafting has not really been on my radar much! I do have a set of graduation cards that I wanted to share with you. These were easy and fun and inspired by many cards that I have seen that show the “eclipse” technique! Let me take you through it.


I am not sure if this is a common thing, but it seems to be pretty commonplace around here. Kids have their prom event in the springtime and their actual graduation ceremony is held in the fall.  At least that is the way it is for me son and my niece and they both go to different schools in different cities.  So, I needed to make a few graduation cards.  I decided on a very simple design and let the technique and the pretty patterned paper be center stage.  All the papers that I used were from my stash drawers so this is a great Stash Buster technique!


I created a card base that would fit into a regular sized business envelope and then cut 2 pieces of coordinating patterned paper to measure a quarter inch smaller on all sides.  The first pieces was adhered directly to the cardbase and the second one was die cut using the Bold Alphabet Die Set. I carefully lined up the dies (leaving a spaces for the second “A”) I then diecut the same letters a total of 3 more times using black cardstock and then glued each layer together. Then all that was left to do was to adhere them into the corresponding places on the card.  I love how it looks and I love that after setting it all up, I could do a whole bunch of cards all at once!



Bold Alphabet Die Set

Bold ABC Die Set


That’s it for me! Have a great weekend!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails