Thursday, October 19, 2017

Christmas Series 2017 | Day #3 Penguin Celebrates

Happy day! Hope you are having a good day. I have Day #3 in my 2017 Christmas Series to share with you today and it features one of Whimsy Stamps’ signature penguins. This cutie is adorable with his over-sized Santa hat and his heart-shaped candy-canes. I created this with my December Daily Album in mind. I will either add him to one of the 4x6” pockets or create a 6x8” page and use him as the focal point.

I think what makes this image really pop is the background that was created with Distress Inks. Kristina Werner used these exact colors to create a background for one of her cards(you can see it here) and I thought the effect was so stunning that I used her color palette for my penguin. Adding the white dots with a gel pen makes the background extra special and it always amazes me to see what one small detail can do to elevate the entire project.

I had foiled paper in the exact shade of magenta and I think the die-cut word just finishes it off perfectly. 



Copic Markers Used :

Penguin Main Body : C3, C5, C7

Penguin Face & Tummy: C1, C00, 0

Beak & Feet: YR21, YR04, YR24

Hat: R14, R27, R29, G94

Hat Trim: C00, C1, C3

Candy Cane: R27, C3

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

Penguin Christmas Sweetheart

 Penguin Christmas Sweetheart


Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles

Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles

Stitched Border Die Trio

Stitched Border Die Trio

Word Die Set – Happy, Smiles and Celebrate:

Word Dies Set - Smiles Happy and Celebrate





Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails