Friday, February 24, 2017

You Are–Cardset | Whimsy Stamps

Happy day! I am here today to share a set of 4 cards that I made. I made all four in about the same amount of time as it would have taken to create one! I used the same technique on each card and just switched up the color for each one as well as the scripted word on each one. The new You Are set from Whimsy stamps was the inspiration for this card style. I just love, love all the lovely scripted words. There is one for each person is your life!

I created the background by using my Copic ABS (airbrush system) as well as a stencil that I made using the new Whimsy honeycomb die. I love my Copic ABS and NEED to remember to use it more often. I love the soft backgrounds that you can create as well as the speed and ease of use! I think you could recreate this look using some blending sponges and ink. You would just have to be careful to hold that stencil down securely!

The color palette of my cards was inspired by the colors of the enamel dots in Whimsy’s Summer breeze set. They are shiny and pretty and I love them!

You can see how I created these cards from start to finish by clicking on the video just below! Enjoy! DISCLAIMER: I am at my most messiest of selves in this video. I made such a mess with the embossing powder!

DSC_1775 c

DSC_1779 copy

DSC_1784 copy

 

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails