Thursday, February 9, 2017

Whismy Stamps Digital Release | Penguin Love

Happy day! So, it has been such a long time since I last posted. I don’t think I have ever been away from my blog for so long. It wasn’t intentional and it sure wasn’t fun :( We all came down with what I guess was the flu or something equally as horrendous. While the rest of the crew recovered well and fairly quickly, I on the other hand was really, really ill. I had no voice for over a week and was in bed feeling miserable for over two. I am much improved but still not at 100%. Still, I am quite happy to be finally posting a new card. It was started just before I got really sick and I have only just now finished! Anyway, let’s jump right

DSC_1755 copy

In my photo-editing software, I combined the digital image Penguin Valentine with the rainow pastel heart digital paper from the Over the Rainbow paperpack. I love, love creating custom backgrounds this way and the beauty is that you can just “digitally” pop the image over-top…..no fussy cutting needed!

I colored the image taking my cues from the rainbow heart. Lovely, soft colors and actually no red! I just used a deep peachy-orange and I quite like it!

It is quite a large card – measuring 6x6”. I added a little tulle ribbon at the bottom and popped on a die-cut sentiment that I made using Whimsy’s scripted word love die.

Thanks for stopping by and again, my apologies for my absence!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

CD Metcalf said...

Glad that you are feeling better J, I've missed seeing your creations. Your videos have helped me to learn a world of new ways to make cards of my own. I love seeing the products listed at the end so that I can track them down if I want to try them out myself. It helps to see something used before you try it out yourself as I'm sure you know. Thanks so much for taking time from your busy family life to do this for all of us. Stay healthy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails