Monday, February 13, 2017

Butterfly Kisses | Whimsy Stamps

Happy Monday! I am back with a new card and video. This card also was started a few weeks ago and I thought I was ahead of the game for Valentines! So,  I am happy to be able to share the card and a how-to video with you…..just (barely) in time for the special day!

DSC_1745 copy

I knew when I first saw this new butterfly stencil from Whimsy, that I wanted to used it in conjunction with some embsossing pasted. I really love the texture and dimnension that this lends to an otherwise fairly simple card. The background was sponged onto watercolorer paper using some distress inks and I “distressed” these inks further by spritzing the paper with some water and then gently blotting the surface with  a papertowel.

After it was dry, I applied the embossing paste and then while it was still wet I sprinkled some fine, dry glitter for some added shine. Then, once that was dry, I adhered it to a cardbase and added the die-cut sentiment and some sequins. DONE!

DSC_1754 copy

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view in HD format

Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails