Friday, August 5, 2016

Whimsy Stamps | Cupcake Birthday Card + Video

Happy Day! I hope you are having a good day! I have a fun and quick birthday card to share with you today. It features two techniques: masking and coloring with prismacolor pencils.

Although there are lots of sweet images in the Let’s Party clear stamp set from Whimsy, I wanted to showcase this sweet little cupcake. By using masking, I was able to stamp a trio of cupcakes for my card. Having the MISTI tool was an absolute delight and made the whole process quick and easy and most importantly…….I only had to do it once to achieve the exact look I wanted. Each cupcake was stamped EXACTLY where I wanted it to be.

I used the Hand-stitched Nested Rectangles as well as this gorgeous patterned paper from the Summer Breeze pack to create a frame for my card. I could have easily turned this into a shaker card by adding some clear acetate to the frame before adding my foam adhesive. To be honest, I thought about it but was too lazy to look for some acetate. Sshhhh. Don’t tell.

I added some Glossy accents to the candle flames and the letters in the word Birthday. Just elevates the card a little without it getting too fussy looking :)

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view this video in HD over on my YouTube channel

Supplies:

 

Prismacolor Pencils Used:

  • Icing: PC940 Sand, PC1012 Jasmine
  • Green: PC989 Chartreuse, PC1090 Kelp Green
  • Coral: PC929 Pink, PC923 Scarlet Lake
  • Aqua: PC1006 Parrot Green
  • Highlight: PC1068 French Grey 10%
  • Ground: PC1063 Cool Grey 50%
  • Eyes/Happy: PC1058 Warm Grey 90%

 

Thanks for stopping by my little blog today!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails