Friday, April 15, 2016

You Are Unforgettable - MFT

Happy Friday! I seem to be making a lot of elephant-themed cards….because here is another one! This set, Adorable Elephants is from My Favorite Things. I love this set and I just keep making more cards with it!

This card just came together one morning this week, while I was making another card. I just love when that happens. I like the clean look and the fun sponged ink!

DSC_0932

I stamped out all the images on some Canson Watercolor paper using Archival Jet Black Ink. I used my new Misti tool so that I could easily re-stamp anything that didn’t stamp right the first time! I am really loving this new tool and don’t regret buying it one bit. All the images were colored using Ranger Distress Ink Markers and then cut out using the matching MFT dienamics.

DSC_0933

To create the inked circle, I first created a mask by cutting some Eclipse masking paper with a Spellbinders circle . I set the cut circle aside and used the rest to mask off my card, leaving just the circle shape ready to ink up. I used three distress inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, and mermaid lagoon. I then “distressed” them a little more by using by Distress Sprayer to spritz the circle with some water. I gave a very subtle distressing and that was nice and soft.

I used my Zig glue pen to adhere the sequins and my Xyron to adhere the stamped and colored pieces. The sentiment is from the Adorable Elephants set and was stamped with Archival Jet black ink.

DSC_0936

Here are the markers that I used:

  • Elephant – Pumice Stone, Tattered Rose
  • Butterflies – Spun Sugar,  Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint
  • Wild Honey,Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, Milled Lavender

Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails