Monday, December 7, 2015

Whimsy Hanukkah Watercolor Cards + Video

Happy Monday! I have a new Whimsy video to share with you. I used their clear Happy Hanukkah Stamp set to create some watercolored cards. This set is quite versatile and has a lot of components for you to mix and match. You could easily switch some out to create a different look and even use the same technique to create some cute tags.

DSC_0283

You could easily turn this card into a birthday card by switching out the sentiment and using the “celebrate” sentiment that comes in the set. I love when you can invest in a stamp set and KNOW that you will be able to use it all year long!

DSC_0284

As I say in the video below, I had a clear idea of how I wanted these cards to look and so I used various Distress Inks and took a step by step process. First adding the ink with some acetate (smooshing) to give a natural and organic feel to the card. Then, once this layer was dry, I added some depth of color with a paint brush and then misted it with a mini-mister filled with water. Again, I dried this and added some sponging onto the bottom of the card for a more pronounced depth of color.

DSC_0289 copy

I was experimenting and playing and I LOVE how these turned out! My one concern was that I didn’t want the yellow “glow” to get blended out by the blue. By using 3 steps and drying in between, I kept that lovely yellow color at the top!

DSC_0286

For this card, I approached it a little differently. You will see in the video. No smooshing! Just a little water action and a paint brush. I love the pop of color that was brought in by using the Picked Raspberry distress ink.

DSC_0288

I also knew that while I wanted the images to be embossing it white, I wanted the sentiments to be embossed in gold. I absolutely LOVE this Metallic Gold embossing powder by WOW! It  is the perfect shade of gold and looks oh so elegant on the cards.

DSC_0287

Here are the final 3 cards together:

DSC_0292

Whimsy Stamps Supplies 

Happy Hanukkah Clear Stamp Set

Happy Hanukkah

Other Supplies:
Fabriano Studio Watercolor Paper 140lb Hot Pressed Satin Finish
White Embossing PowderWOW! Metallic Gold Embossing Powder
VersaMark Ink
Embossing buddy (anti-static tool)
Ranger Distress Inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry)
Sizzix Big Shot
MFT Stitched Square Die Set

Card Sizes:
Small Card: 3.5” square, Image mat: 2.75” square
Large Card: 4.0” square, Image mat: 3.25” square

Video Tutorial:
Click HERE to view on my YouTube Channel

Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails