Thursday, September 18, 2014

Paper-dolls

Happy Thursday my friends! I am excited to share (one of my) newest obsessions: Julie Nutting Paper dolls! I picked up my first couple over at Scrapbook Centrale and from there…..well…..let’s not go there for the moment!

When I was a wee girl, my Mum would draw out paper-dolls for me and then we would create different outfits for them. I still remember sitting at the kitchen table and coloring and cutting out the lovely dolls my Mum made :) So, I guess this re-kindled an old love of mine.

I created a couple of cards using some muted paper from my paper stash. A mix of older companies that somehow come together beautifully. Because these particular dolls are quite large, I paper cards to fit in standard business envelopes. I quite like the longer length.

DSC_7184 copy

 

DSC_7188 copy

 

DSC_7185 copy

 

DSC_7186 copy

I did a fair amount of fussy cutting but it was a relaxing process. I added extra layers here and there to create dimension and did a little bit of shading with my Copic markers.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of you evening. I have to run and pick up one of the boys from swimming class!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh these are gorgeous Jeanette , have a great weekend.
Chris x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails