Saturday, October 26, 2013

Whiff of Joy October Monthly Project ~ Fall Decor

DT_monthlyProjects

Happy Saturday Everyone! It is the last Saturday of the month and that means that it is time for our monthly project theme! Every month, the Whiff of Joy Design Team will work on the same Project theme and we will post all our interpretations on this blog the last Saturday of each month!

Here are links to our themes from the past months, in case you missed them:)

January ~ Bookmarks
February ~ Charmed
March ~ A Doorhanger
April ~ Die-lightful

May ~ Altered Notebook

June ~ A Stair Step Card

July ~ Summer Table Decor

August ~ Back to School
September ~ Halloween

This month’s theme is:

Fall Decor

Since I live in Canada, we recently celebrated Thanksgiving and this is something that I created to add to my table setting.

DSC_5646 copy

The box die-light is absolutely perfect to create a little place to store a little treat or note. I made one of these for each place setting using some old Stampin’ Up patterned paper. I chose tones of mustard yellow, cream, brown and green to reflect the Autumn season.

The die-light comes with several sentiments and the “Thank you” was spot on. It was cut out of this wonderfully thick chamois paper that just die-cuts so crisply. I layered it with a from one of our new Stephanie Schütze mixed media stamp sets. I stamped it with Hero Arts Cup o’Joe ink and then cut it out. Finally, I used the leaf die-light to add a little embellishment.

Here you can see a few on them together:

DSC_5648 copy

Our Thanksgiving tradition (apart from the turkey, stuffing, cranberries and pumpkin pie) is that we have to go around the table and we each say what we are thankful or grateful for. I cut some plain computer paper into small rectangles and stamped this sentiment and pretty cornstalk image using the same brown ink. I set this paper underneath the box.

DSC_5649 copy

This idea can be customized for your own china so easily. Just change up the paper and the inks and you will have a lovely, custom table setting. I already have some Christmas ideas swirling around in my head!

Here are some product links for you. The Fall corner & sentiments is on sale right now for 30% off!

Thanks for swinging by. You can see all the wonderful Fall decor projects from my fellow teamies by going to the World of Ideas blog.

1 comment:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty fall table setting. I like this little pillow box.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails