Saturday, August 31, 2013

Whiff of Joy Monthly Project ~ Back to School

DT_monthlyProjects

Happy Saturday Everyone! It is the last Saturday of the month and that means that it is time for our monthly project theme! Every month, the Whiff of Joy Design Team will work on the same Project theme and we will post all our interpretations on this blog the last Saturday of each month!

Here are links to our themes from the past months, in case you missed them:)

This month’s theme is: Back to School

I have been doing the back to school thing for quite a number of years now. Since I have started paper-crafting, I have always created little items for the kids’ Back to School. Altered notebooks, pencil holders, laminated name tags….you get the idea. The item that they ALWAYS request and have come to look forward to is a bookmark. Every year it varies but they each get a personalised bookmark with a special quote that I pick for each one of them. This year is no different and I took the opportunity to use the images from the latest Whiff of Joy Stamp kit. If you didn’t order it….don’t despair….they will eventually be available as digital images but really, just pre-order the kits….they are so worth it. You get some many stamps and they are all themed and so cute. Of course, these bookmarks would work with any Whiff of Joy image :)

DSC_5404 copy

I cut out some rectangles from card-stock and then used a square Spellbinders die to create the banner shape at the bottom. I punched out the top piece of card-stock with tiny stars. I used the stars festoon die-light to run across and then adhered my images. Then they all went through my handy dandy laminator (I may be slightly addicted to my laminator and have turn my children into laminators as well) I ran them through a few times to make sure that I got a good seal. Then I used my crop-o-dile to punch holes and attach grommets. A little matching ribbon and my book-marks are done.

**Please note that in a moment of complete and utter forgetfulness….I forgot to photograph the backs with the personalized quotes.  They were lovely and perfect. You will just have to believe me**

Here are some close-ups of these cuties. Ohhhh…how I love them.

DSC_5406 copyDSC_5407 copyDSC_5409 copy

The rest of the Whiff of Joy team has created Back to School projects and you can see them all by visiting the World of Ideas blog.

Have a great day. I will be busy canning tomatoes :)

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails