Monday, August 26, 2013

Whiff of Joy Die-lightful Showcase

Happy Monday!  Whew! What a week-end! It was the Soccer finals and both our younger boys made it to the finals. My hubby coaches the middle guy, our eldest son is a referee and had a ton of games……want to throw in a little Hockey double letter camp into the mix? Sure. Why not? Sailing as well? My eldest was picked to help out at an event. It was a strategically planned two day event and we were able to make everything fit. Right now. I am a wee bit tired, a whole lot proud and thanks to all the sunscreen that I remembered to slather on….I am not in the least bit burnt!

Okay. Enough about my crazy week-end! I want to show you some things that I made with the new Whiff of Joy die-lights that were released mid-month!

First up is a little needle holder that I created. I need to have a few of these around the house and once I saw the new die-lights….a plan began to formulate.

DSC_5360 copy

I used bits of scrap material from my past quilting project to create this. I love when I can use things that are already on hand. I used some Heat & Bond and ironed it to the wrong side of my fabric scraps. I then ran them through my Big Shot using the new die-lights. I have to say…they cut beautifully. Then I peeled the paper off and ironed the die-cut fabric shapes right onto my material. Voila! LOVE it!

DSC_5363 copy

My next project was simply a putting together of some of the things that make me happy. It is a pretty little embellishment that combines my re-found love of sewing along with my stamping and papercrafting passion.

DSC_5368 copy

I de-cut out the larger ribbon holder and then stamped the text stamp several times to cover it completely. I used Hero Arts Sand ink. I then wrapped gorgeous silk ribbon right around it. Then I added another layer of seam binding and a bow to it. I die cut the dress form out of dark brown cardstock and added some gems to bling it up. I used felt to die-cut the feather and the flower and I LOVE how it looks. Such a nice extra layer of texture!

Here are the product links for you:

You can see more “die-lightful” creations that were made by the rest of the Whiff of Joy design team by visiting our World of Ideas blog!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails