Friday, October 28, 2011

Whiff of Joy Sneak Peek ~ Cute Little Penguin

This is my second post today! To see my La-La Land Craft Inspiration Friday card, please scroll down one post!

I couldn’t resist showing you this card that I made using one of the new November releases from Whiff of Joy! OMGosh! They are all so cute and this little guy has stolen my heart!

WoJ Penguin full 2011 copy

I cute out this adorable snow-globe using my Silhouette SD. It cuts in three different sections. I cut them all on the same piece of white Neenah cardstock.

On the large globe section, I stamped my sweet penguin and then colored him up with my handy dandy Copics. I sponged all around the sides with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.The small section was covered with glue and then sprinkled with some heavy Martha Stewart Glitter…..mmmm…so sparkly! The base section was was sponged all over with Weathered Wood distress ink and then just the edges were sponged with Tumbled Glass. Then I embossed the sweet WoJ sentiment from last year’s Christmas collection in white embossing powder. I  wound some baker’s twine around it an then adhered it to my card.

WoJ Penguin 2011 copy

The patterned paper is from a Kaiser Crafts Christmas pad that is one of my favorites. I adore the color palette with the aqua and the red tones coupled with that fun and happy green! I added a couple of WoJ pearl brads to the top and called my card “DONE”!

Here are some links for you. The penguin is being releases at the WoJ online store on November 1st. You don’t have too long to wait!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed this sneak peekie. I have a made a copic coloring video showing how I colored this sweetie up. I just have to edit it and then I’ll get it up for you!

Hugs Jeanette

4 comments:

Louise said...

Hi Jeanette :)
I totally agree, that penguin is seriously cute :)
Love your colouring and that awesome snowglobe you made, sounds like that silouette is amazing :)

Have a nice weekend
Hugs

Lacey Stephens said...

This is so sweet! I love the snow-globe! Will have to try that! I just placed an order with this cutie for the store last night! :-)
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Christina C. said...

Hi Jeanette! Oh my goodness, such a cute little penguin!!!!!
Your creation is absolutely gorgeous.

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails