Wednesday, August 31, 2011

There is a Princess in every girl ~ Whiff of Joy

Happy Tuesday Everyone! Well, the 2 younger kids will be going to school today in the afternoon to meet their new teachers, drop off their supplies and get their desks and lockers assigned to them.  I guess Summer is officially over now.

Today I have another Princess card to show you. I totally {heart} these new stamps from Whiff of Joy and if you didn’t pre-order yourself a kit….well you will soon be able to purchase these sweeties….September 1st is the big day!

WOJ Princess in Mauve - Page 004

I really wanted to use some of my paper from my DCWV 8x8 Fairytale pack. I have had it for ages now and I just have to start using some of it up. I can’t hoard it forever! LOL! I wanted to keep the beautiful phase that ran along the bottom intact and had a time figuring out what to do! In the end, I cut off 3.5” from the top of the cardstock so that it measured 4.5 x 8’ and then I scored it in the center to create a tiny card measuring 4.5 x 4”. I then cut the left over piece to fit onto the front of the card. The pattern runs the other way but I don’t think it is too noticeable. I cut and embossed the metallic mat and stamped this wonderful sentiment onto some vanilla cardstock. I added a beautiful prima flower, some luxurious silk ribbon and a tiny border with more metallic paper and a Whiff of Joy die.

WOJ Princess in Mauve - Page 006

Here you can see the wonderful Princess and the wonderful sentiment that was on my paper. I cut some more metallic paper with the same WoJ die to run alongside the top edge of the inside!

WOJ Princess in Mauve - Page 005

Here is a close-up of the image and I think you can get a little glimpse of the glitter that was added with my Stardust and Atyou pens.

Here are some links (the Princess and sentiment of front of the card with be available at the Whiff of Joy online store as of September 1st)

Nostalgia -  Border Die1 1/4**New** Lilyput Roses - Marshmellow

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

3 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooregous ♥♥

Christina C. said...

Absolutely stunning, Jeanette! Love how you placed the beautiful princess inside the card! Very elegant!

Julie said...

Simply stunning!! Great use of these beautiful papers!! Hugs, Juliexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails