Monday, August 29, 2011

Stamp & Create Product Spotlight ~ Magnolia Stamps

Happy Monday! I hope that everybody is well and that those who were in the path of the hurricane are safe and sound. By the time it hit my area it was a tropical storm. Yesterday we had high winds and torrential downpours. It was definitely a day to stay put indoors.

Today’s card is for this week’s Stamp & Create Product Spotlight which is Magnolia Stamps! Yippee! I was so excited when Lacey announced that she would start carrying these cuties! I picked the sweet Nurse Tilda and created a  criss-cross pocket card. I made a video a while back showing how to make these cute card folds. If you want to take a wee peek, it can be found ~here~.

Nurse Tilda copy

 

The image was colored in with Copic Sketch markers to match the pretty patterned paper from Echo Park's For the Record 6x6 pad. I used Tim Holtz Idea-Ology corners, on the focal image panel and I must say that I really {heart} these. The add so much pizzaz to your creation. I used a Basic Grey's Oliver Epoxy Clip, and that served as a pull up tab for my insert panel. To complete my embellies, I used a  Jenni Bowlin Vintage Red Button, and some May Arts Crochet Lace. Nurse Tilda insert copy

I just re-stamped the image but this time in a Versa Sepia ink and left it uncolored. I like this look a lot. The sentiment is from Verve Stamps and was stamped with Jenni Bowlin Cough Syrup ink. Here’s a close-up of Nurse Tilda:

Nurse Tilda close copy

I am going to enter my card in this week’s Just Magnolia & Hanglar challenge. They have a fun bingo card challenge going on! The line I chose was pins, buttons, ribbon/lace! (I hope my clip qualifies under as a type of pin! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day my friends!

Hugs Jeanette xxxo

19 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥

Teresa said...

Stunning card xx ♥ xx

Lacey Stephens said...

This is so sweet, hun! I love it!! Funny thing, I used another paperclip from that same kit on my layout!! Great minds think alike!! I hope you had a lovely weekend!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Anonymous said...

Very interesting points. Thanks!

My site:
regroupement credit conso www.rachatdecredit.net

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a sweet Magnolia card..
Luv the colors choices...

Anonymous said...

So adorable!! Love the colors here!! ;)

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Jeanette!!

VickieJ said...

Really cute card. I just got this stamp, so now I'm looking forward to using it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

yvon said...

Hi Jeanette, this is just gorgeous. Love this Nurse Tilda and love the papers you used.
Hugs, Yvon

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Jeanette! There is still time to enter the Paper Sundaes Magnolia Challenge
Hugs Julie P

Unknown said...

Gorgeous and Fabulous!!!! Love this card and you did an excellent job on it!!!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Fabulous card!!! Love the criss cross card style and you've perfected it. I also love the stamped but not colored image on your salutation panel! Beautiful coloring on Tilda and the button clip is perfect!
Hugs,
Barb

Elle said...

I LOVE your Nurse Tilda card! Great job coloring and the design is divine!

Victoria said...

this is mega fantastic i love it

Christina C. said...

WOW....what a spectacular card, Jeanette.....love the papers and the magnificently colored nurse!
Awesome details on this beauty!

Bev said...

Jeanette this is absolutely stunning sweets. Love that darling image too. Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Paula said...

I love this card! I love the colors you used, perfect with this image. And really like the criss cross card (in fact so much, I viewed your tutorial and trying one for myself tonight - THANKS!)

Monique said...

Soooo cute !

Hugs Monique

cabio's craft corner said...

This is so sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails