Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sketch Saturday week # 167

Happy Saturday! Hope you are enjoying a lovely summer day! My card today is for this week’s Sketch Saturday which is being hosted by Terry this week. She had created a wonderful sketch for us all the play with.

Watermarked for Blog - Page 007

It seemed the perfect time to use this sweet Magnolia image that I colored up a few week’s ago hoping to use it for Canada Day! Best intentions….but never had the time! I drew in the flag details myself and of course my color palette had to be red & white! I used some really old Stampin’ Up papers that I found in my stash. Love the polka-dots….they are so cheerful.

Watermarked for Blog - Page 006

I decided to add tons of ribbon elements to my card and used a couple of Whiff of Joy pearls brads to keep it from being to boring! I added a little red rose from my stash.

Here is Terry’s lovely sketch and our sponsor this week is Art Journey.

Have fun and I hope to see your creation over at the blog!

Thanks for stopping by and had a fantastic day wherever you are!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

16 comments:

Renkata said...

so sweet and cute card.

Kirsty said...

Hi Love this sketch must have a go ! The red dots are perfect with her and the ribbon ! Super inspiration ! Thanks Kitty ;0)

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!

Jilli said...

What a happy card. Makes you smile when you look at it! Gorgeous colour choice and fantastic colouring. Stunning!!! Hugs Jillix

yvon said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love the red. It looks stunning.
Hugs, Yvon

Christina C. said...

This is too cute for words, Jeanette.....love the Canadian flag she is carrying!!!!! Such a cheerful card!!!

Tracey said...

This is amazing Jeanette!! I love your hand-drawn flag!! xx

Brigitte said...

WOW, this is a fantastic card!!! Love the colours (being a Canadian myself) and the little details. J'adore!
Brigitte

Jo said...

I totally LOVE this card, as always, perfect colouring and detailing.
Happy Sunday hunni
Jo xx

Corinne said...

Very cute card! Love the Canadian Flag! All the reds complement each other perfectly.
Hugs~
Corinne

Barb Hardeman said...

You really aced this challenge. I love your card...your reds are perfect. Hugs, Barb

Chris said...

What a simply adorable card! Your Tilda is perfect! I so love red, and this was a perfect challenge match!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Anonymous said...

Tis is stunning! The red and white are so striking. Delightful card
Hugs Julie P

Chris said...

This is gorgeous. The red is so vibrant. I love it.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute & cheerful card. Tilda looks so happy too :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Elle said...

Sweet! Great job on the coloring and your flag is just perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails