Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet November Preview

Happy Tuesday! Today I am very excited to share my card with you. I was one of the lucky girls picked by Amy to preview her newest release in the Sweet November line: Zodiac Girls! They will be released on March 7th at the All That Scraps Store.

My card features the Cancer Zodiac Girl (just so happens to be my sign…yup I am a water baby for sure)

2011 SN - Page 036

I decided to create another side step card because I knew I wanted to add tons of elements to my card but I wanted to make this gorgeous image the focal point. I picked a reddish tone for her hair (don’t you love how the ends are shaped like crab’s claws?) and gave her brilliant ocean blue eyes. I created the background by randomly adding dots with the same copic markers I used to color her eyes.

I created the word and the fun nautical shape with my Silhouette. After they were cut out, I embossed them with Diamond Dust to mimic my patterned paper. The cloud was embossed with white powder. The flower was also made with my Silhouette. In retrospect, I should have added Diamond dust to it as well….I think I may still do so.

Her you can see a side view:

2011 SN - Page 037

This picture gives you a better idea of the shimmer on the image itself. I used Cryogen Iridescent paper….I {heart} this effect!

2011 SN - Page 039

There are more previews to be seen at Amy’s blog, DT Nancy Thomas and Guest Jen McGee. So hop on over there to see which stamps they are show-casing!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

31 comments:

Helene said...

This is SO gorgeous, I love the shimmer all over the places !
Hugs
Hélène

cowboydutrem said...

This is SO beautiful! Love how you colored the hair!

Moni said...

Beautiful card, fab colouring and gorgeous image. hugs,moni

Alison said...

Oh wow!!! I LOVE all of the sparkle! What a beautiful step card. This is really stunning!

gobeagirl said...

Hi. Your card is indeed gorgeous. You have colored her to perfection. I really love all the details you have put into your card. TFS. Hugs, Lisa G

ChickieChirps said...

Wow! Great card, your colouring is amazing! Love that iridescent look to the card!

Arabella

Heidi said...

WOW and WOW again - this is just so beautiful ♥♥♥
Love it
Hugs from heidi

Stephanie J said...

Gorgeous!! Love all the shimmer & shine!!

Julye said...

Love all the sparkle and the colours too.

Tress said...

Stunning card! The red hair is perfect!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful - your coloring is gorgeous and the card just glows.

Amy said...

OMGosh! This is a work of art Jeanette! I love all the fun elements and bling that you've added...they all look fantastic with your gorgeously colored Cancer girl! Thanks so much for joining me in the previews! :)

Renkata said...

Beautiful card, so romantic and gorgeous.

Mette said...

This card is just stunning. Love the shimmer - totally new lok for me. The colours and elements are lovely and make it all come together really fab.

Hugs, Mette

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jeanette,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rachel Hope said...

Stunning! Love all the shimmer!

Tanya said...

Simply gorgeous!!!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh la la! What do we have here? What a beauty she is! :) Amy will be so proud so see this, I'm just drooling over your coloring!

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card, Jeanette! I just ordered these and was having a hard time picturing what they would look like on a card - fabulous!! I hope they arrive in time for the release!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Zarah said...

Gooorgeous! LOVE that you made her sparkle, like she's shimmering from water drops. :D

(I'm a cancer too and this stamp is swoooooonworthy for sure!)

Carisa said...

wow, this is stunning! i absolutely LOVE all the shimmer! :D

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness, this is spectacular! Love all the shimmer. The way you layered your papers and elements really show off this image beautifully. Of course, your coloring is amazing. These new images are fabulous! Hugs, Rosemary

Diane said...

OMG!!!! Absolutely stunning!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!!! This is gorgeous! Love all the sparkle and your layout is AWESOME too!! TFS!!!
~heidi brawley

Regan said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you colored her hair! And your embellishments are fabulous, especially that bejeweled ribbon slide and the glittery cut outs! :)

Heidi said...

So gorgeous. I love the waves!

Jennifer McGee said...

Gorgeous card - I too love all the shimmer.

Leanne said...

I have to agree with everyone... GORGEOUS!! I love those colors and paired with the red hair and sea blue eyes... breathtaking. Love the other water elements as well. I'm so glad you had fun with Amy's SN gal. You did a fantastik job! TFS!

Bobbi said...

What a gorgeous card, I love all the sparkle you added. TFS

KC said...

this is such a pretty card! I love all the blues and swirls! great coloring and sparkle job too!!

Tina Mayo said...

wow..love the sparkle..very beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails