Sunday, March 20, 2011

Emboss-Resist Video Tutorial

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 052

Happy Sunday! I have a video for you today showing the “emboss-resist” technique. I posted this a dew days ago on the Whiff of Joy Inspiration & Tutorial blog and thought I would share here with you on my blog too!

When I first saw the new image “Spring Tree” I thought that it would be a great stamp to use for this technique! It is quick and easy to do and with a simple layout like I used, very easy to mass produce!

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 051 

I {heart} how this technique showcases this delicate and intricate image!

As you can see, I used different colors for each card but kept the layout the same. Whiff of Joy has so many wonderful sentiments to suit all occasions. I have used just a few of many!

Here is a close-up of the card I made in the video. I am entering it in the Whiff of Joy Challenge blog which is “anything goes”.

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 050

Here is the video:

Supply List:

  • Versamark Watermark ink (or equivalent embossing pad)
  • Stampin’ Up Heat & Stick powder (or equivalent)
  • Filigree White embossing powder (or equivalent)
  • Heat Gun/Embossing Gun
  • Assorted Nestabilitie Dies
  • Ink (I used Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Wild Honey and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks & Memento Tuxedo black)
  • Co-ordinating Cardstock, buttons, ribbons
  • Sponge/Foam Blending Tool
  • Adhesive Tape

 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that this inspires you to look at your Whiff of Joy stamp collection in a new way!

Hugs Jeanette xxo

5 comments:

Louisette said...

Interesting video, greeting from Belgium, have a nice day, Louisette+2 miss golden retriever

Pamela said...

I enjoyed the video. Very explanatory! Thank you.

Dianne said...

Beautiful card !! Thanks for the video.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Riet said...

What a wonderful cards Jeanette.

Hugs Riet.xx

Archies Mum said...

Am so loving the technique you've used on your cards. Thanks for another brilliant and easy to follow tutorial. I might have to invest in some Tim Holtz ink :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails