Monday, August 16, 2010

Stamp & Create Product Spotlight & Whiff of Joy Project

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend :) Today I have two projects to show you! The first one is for the Stamp & Create Spotlight which this week is the High Hopes Dustin Pike images. They are quirky, humorous and cute and my go-to stamps when I have to make a card for a “boy” no matter what age!

whiff of joy 2010 - page 143

I was drawn to this cute image called “ Stunt Dragon” maybe because my two older boys have been skateboarding a lot this summer :) I try not to watch. Really. I just don’t.

Now, has this ever happened to you? I thought that the dragon in this image had spots. In my mind there were spots. Well, I figured out why. The colorized image was colored with spots! So, I thought I would be inspired by that great idea and just add them myself. I colored the image and then went back to it with my colorless blender to add the spots.

The paper is Cosmo Cricket’s Joyride and was the inspiration for my color palette. The sentiment is by Verve Stamps and is a favorite of mine. I went with a simple layout and embellished with just the simple gingham ribbon. I love how it makes everything just pop!

For this week, Stamp & Create will be offering the Dustin Pike stamps at 25% off.  What a great time to add the couple that have been on your wish-list! Please check the challenge blog to see the other wonderful creations made by the other DT members. They are sure to bring a smile to your face!

*****

My friend Claudia has challenged myself and Jorunn to “decorate a jar”. She has created a tutorial and it will be posted at the Whiff of Joy Tutorial & Inspiration Blog today. Now I haven’t seen it and at first I was stumped. Then I remember something that I do at Christmas time. I fill pretty jars with the dry ingredients for cookies or muffins and then print out the recipe. Then the recipient can make something homemade by following the  recipe and adding the wet ingredients. I thought it would be fun to add the recipe to a very pretty tag and of course the first image that came to mind was Willow with Cookies! One of my all-time favorite WoJ images. I love her sweet face and flowing hair!whiff of joy 2010 - page 147

The tag was easily made with my SU! Top Note die. I cut out two in chocolate chip cardstock and two in Neenah cardstock. On these last two I trimmed away the small border at the perforations lines and then adhered them to the chocolate chip ones. Willow was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics. I sponged the sides with Chocolate Chip ink and stamped the decorative swirls that are also from Whiff of Joy. I punched a couple of holes on the tops of each little tag and threaded ribbon through.

whiff of joy 2010 - page 148

The recipe is on the other white tag. It is for Chocolate Chip Cookies…..and is no secret :) It is the exact one on the back of the Chipits package!

Thanks for stopping by. Please visit by friends Jorunn and Claudia to see how they have decorated their jar. Claudia will have a nice prize to offer as well!

9 comments:

Renkata said...

oh great preoject. love the idea.

slbt17 said...

love the projects!
Sandra

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful projects Jeanette!! Love your cookie jar. The image is perfect for it!! Your Dustin Pike image is cute too! Neat layout!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Jeanette, BEAUTIFUL jar!! Love to make these myself. :o)

I also have a jar up on my blog today if you get a chance I would love for you to sotp by and see it... :o) Mine is full of M&M's.. YUMMY!! lol
hugs and happy Monday..Janiel

Riet said...

What a beautiful projects Jeanette.
I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heidi said...

Jeanette, your card is fantastic. You did such an amazing job colouring, I love it!

Crystal said...

WOW Jeanette these are fabulous creations....!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Jeanette!

Lori said...

Fabulous projects, Jeanette! I get your updates in my inbox and had to pop in to leave you a comment today. Thanks for your amazing work : )
Love and hugs ~
Lori

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails