Tuesday, August 31, 2010

High Hopes Sneak Peek Day 2

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a fine start! Yesterday I showed you a sneak peek of one of the soon to be released stamps from High Hopes Stamps. We have a wonderful new illustrator and she has created wonderful country primitive images for the seasons of Halloween and Christmas. Today I am showing you one of my favorites: Snow Angel with Banner.

Whiff of Joy 2010 - Page 165 

I knew from the start that I wanted to color this one in these warm country tones and I had some left over paper in my scrap drawer that was the perfect match. After coloring with my Copic Sketch markers I lightly sponged around the paper with Vintage photo distress ink and then stamped around the edges with a small flourish stamp. I pulled out this new ribbon that Lacey is stocking at Stamp & Create and used my bow-easy to create the perfect bow. BTW…this ribbon is to die for! It feels like taffeta and has just the right amount of stiffness to create a crisp bow yet is still luxurious to the touch. Okay….I know you are thinking it is only ribbon but honestly………it makes a BIG difference!

This amazing image and many other beauties will be available to purchase as of September 1st. You can see more sneak peekies if you visit the other HH divas!

Tomorrow we will be having a fabulous blog hop so I hope you will join in on the fun!

7 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Jeanette.
luv
Debby

Jo said...

Stunning as always, love the colour palette, not first thought for a snowman, but it SO works! *claps*

Have a fab week my friend!
Jo xx

ps, email me about you know what when you are ready, ok hunni?

Danielle Champagne said...

Very lovely Jeanette, Love this snowman so much! The use of such a non traditional color choice is quite original, I love it! Adding swirls, imitates the wind, really cute.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Riet said...

So wonderful card Jeanette,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Archies Mum said...

Gorgeous love the image you've chosen, and coloured beautifully x

Von said...

I think this may be my favorite yet-this is stunning!

Patti Jo said...

Such a cute card! Great coloring and design!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails