Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge ~ Ribbons & Bows

Magnolias Christmas 2009 - Page 063 

Hi Everyone! Boy, what a wet and windy weekend we are having here! You should have seen me on the soccer fields all bundled up in my layers of polar fleece and rain gear! Certainly not optimal weather for playing or watching soccer! Within about 30 seconds of being on the field all the kids were just covered in mud! We had exciting matches and won our games so tomorrow we are playing for the medals. My eldest scored the winning goal in his first match so basically, I have no voice because I was screaming so loud “WHOO HOO!”

Enough of my soccer ramblings! Here is a card I made a few weeks ago.  I had bought the trees and sled stamps a little while ago because I thought they would be great for a little Tilda Scene. I airbrushed the sky with my Copic system. Then I colored in and added Liquid Appliqué to the trees and I just love the effect it gave. The snow is covered in glitter and it just sparkles! Because the scene is quite big, the rest of the card is very simple and I just added some ribbon to it. I haven’t had the chance to post it until now and it fits in perfectly with this week’s Just Magnolia challenge which is to use ribbons and bows! This is one of my favorite challenges but I don’t always get the chance to play along! I am happy this fit the bill!

  • Stamps: Magnolia from last year’s Christmas and winter collection
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Bazzill Bling, SU Black & Blue Bayou
  • Coloring: Copic Markers
  • Embellies: May Arts Ribbon

Have a great evening! Thanks for stopping by and for all you lovely comments. They brighten up my day!

32 comments:

Maria said...

Stunning card! Love the scene you've created and your colouring is wonderful. Hugs, Maria

Unknown said...

Perfect colouring Jeanette and your snowy firs looks so beautiful, very gorgeous!! LG Andy

Stampin'Piper said...

Jeanette, this is so beautiful! Everything is perfect! Wonderful card!

Have a lovely sunday, big Hugs Tanja

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a cute christmas card! Your coloring is perfect, super!
Hugs Jacqueline

daisy said...

what a lovely card! love the trees how you mad them look lik its snowing

hugs
daisy

Marina said...

Wow! Your card is stunning as always Jeanette.
I love your gorgeous colouring and the sparkles.

Hugs,
Marina

patzi said...

What a so beatiful card, i love the stamp.

Hugs
patzi

Karen said...

Gorjus, gorjus card Jeanette. Really love it. Super cute Tilda.

Love Karen x

Maria Therese said...

wow this is stunning! The most beautifulcrd I've seen in forever!

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is so cute, gorgeous colouring and great snow!
Clare x

Murielle said...

Hello ma chère jeanette,
Ta carte est merveilleuse!!!
et la coloration est parfaite!!
J'adore ta scene!!!!!!!!
Bon dimanche!
Gros bisous, Mumur

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
This is fantastic, I love it...
I got my first Tilda's yesterday and am practicing skin tones...
I have been to a few blog's for some idea's and have to say your colouring is superb...
I also love Rach and Kim's technique's.
x
Vicky

Niina said...

This is very pretty. Cool trees.

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Jeanette. I love the scene you've created. And I made your tomato salad recipe yesterday for a barbeque and it went down a treat!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, such wonderful details and colours.

Greetings Jannie

Victoria said...

So pretty Jeanette. Love the snow effect on all the tree's!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jeanette,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Annacarin said...

Hi Jeanette! so beautiful, i almost feel how cold it is...
Thanks for the inspiration.
I have something to you..
Hugs Annacarin

Anonymous said...

hi!!;D
WOW!! Gorgeous card!! Tilda is so beautiful coloured, and I love what you have done to the trees:D! I am now a follower of this wonderful blog, and I can't wait to see more of your beautiful creations:D
hugs, Ida:o)

Brocéliane said...

elle est vraiment super jolie ta carte Jeanette :)

Merry said...

Absolutely beautiful....the colouring is perfect.

Jane said...

Wow Jeanette this is fabulous! I love the snow on the trees it looks amazing! hugs, Jane x

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Jeanette! I love the scene you have created!

Anneke klerks said...

wat een mooie kerstkaart zeg!!!
groetjes anneke.

TannyP said...

Oh I absolutely adore this scene, Jeanette. GORGEOUS!

Carole said...

Beautiful card Jeanette...such a pretty scene...the trees are fabulous.
Hugs
Carole x

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just gorgeous !! What a lovely scene :-) I love the snow on the branches,,, :-)Stunning card ,,, everything is perfect !! :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Jo said...

Gorgeous card! perfect in every way

I have a pot of dazzling diamonds that I haven't opened yet!!!
must be something wrong with me lol
will definately use it on my crimbo cards, the effect is wonderful on snow.


Woohooooo! for the winning goal! *claps*

Jo said...

ooops! forgot to add

I have something for you on my blog

Redlady said...

What a beautiful Card. Makes me homesick for the snow in England.
Your firs are lovely
Hilda

Chrissie said...

I just love this Jeanette, your colouring is always superb!
Sorry that I haven't left you a comment for a while, but I have been visiting and loving all your latest creations.

Bev said...

Wonderful card Jeanette, so much beautiful detail and a fabulous choice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails