This week there is a lovely sketch to follow for the A Spoonful of Sugar Challenge. I decided to create a little bit of a project with this one. You know me...I love to experiment! I thought it would be fun if the card's image would be a decorative magnet that you could put on your fridge or filing cabinet. A lot of my friends keep my cards out for ages because they love the image so I just took it one step furthur!
Then I applied versamark to the entire image and used Ultra Thick Embossing Powder over the top and heated it with my embossing heat tool. I did this 3x. You can used regular clear embossing powder but you'll have to use more coats to get the thickness. I put the image in the fridge for a few minutes and then "cracked" it by bending it. I was horrified because it looked ghastly! The cracks were all over her face and it just looked terrible. I realized I had liked it much better before I had "distressed" it. I almost tossed it in the bin but I thought I would see what would happen if I re-heated it and it worked! Almost all the cracks disappeared! Here is a close-up of the magnet! The thick glossy coating changes the look so much. The colors are more vibrant. I just love it! So now I have a card and a little gift all in one!
- Stamps: Whiff of Joy Guardian Angel Collection 2009
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark & Ultra Thick Embossing Powder
- Paper: SU Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Basic Grey Porcelain
- Coloring: Copic Markers and Copic Airbrushing
- Embellies: Flourishes made with EK Success Punch, Flowers are made with a Cuttlebug die, tafetta ribbon from local store.
Hope you liked my idea and maybe you can try it out! It really is pretty easy!