Saturday, October 11, 2008

Trick or Treat ~ Sketch Saturday # 21


I am having so much fun with all of Jo's Sketches! I am very happy to be part of this fantastic team. Everyone is so talented and super kind!

I am getting into the Hallow'en mood and I wanted to make a card with these cute Magnolia stamps. When I was making it, I was reminded of myself and my younger sister going off "Trick or Treating". She was over the other day and saw the card (almost finished) and she said, "Hey, that's me and you!" We were both pretty shy but I was older so I always had to ring the doorbell and stand in front!

  • Stamps: Magnolia Hallowe'en Collection, All That Scraps (bats & sentiments)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: SU! Grey, Ghostly Greetings, My Mind's Eye,PaperTrey Plum
  • Coloring: Gamsol & Prismacolors
  • Embellies: May Arts Ribbon


Here's the sketch! Hope you have time this week to try it out. Don't forget to stop by my fellow DTs' blogs. They have some pretty fantastic creations!


Nikki has some lovely High Hopes candy over at her blog. She makes such stunning cards! You'll love her blog!

25 comments:

Aija said...

Wow, that black background is very effective. Great creation, images looks so fab! your colour combo is very matching as yours allways are!
Hugs,
Aija

Stampin'Piper said...

Jeanette, is card is really cute and spooky ;) Great job! I'll try this sketch!

TFS! Hugs Tanja

Jill said...

gorgeous card Jeanette and a great take on the sketch I like it flipped around the other way. Jill x

scotspanda said...

awww how cute!! what a gorgeous card, I love it and I love that it made your sister think of your childhood trick or treating days :)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Debbie said...

Hi Jeanette, your card is so cute, beautifully coloured as always. Have a great weekend. Debbie x

Sew This N That said...

Your card is stunning Jeanette, very Halloween, such rich colours :0)
**Hugs** Heather x

Christine Riley said...

Oh Jeanette, this is so adorable! I love it! Great sketch too, can't wait to play! :)
Hugs, Christine :)

Tammi said...

Aww...that's really sweet! Wonderful card and great sketch.
Hugs, Tammi

Joey said...

This card made me smile as soon as I saw it, I love it!!!.x

Deb Wood said...

Oh my gosh this is way cute!! I love those bats!!

tracie said...

Hi Jeanette, hope your well. Oh wow this is adorable - love the tilda stamp - very spooky. Gorgoeus work as always hun
have a great weekend
hugs :)x

Mariska said...

Your card is so pretty Jeanette! I love those two girls standing there 'waiting for the door to open'. We don't have a Halloween tradition in The Netherlands unfortunately but I think I would have been shy going around the doors as well. Love your card, and your colouring is amazing!

xxx
Mariska

Monica said...

What a cute card!! Love this!

Annie said...

oh this is just gorgeous.
ann xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Jeanette, love the cute Tilda's and the great colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wwaaaahhhh... this is awesome!!! :-)
great coloring as usually jeanette.
that paper is my favorite at the moment.. just got the other day an other sheet of it :-)

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful card..Jeanette. Love your coloring.
Have a great day!!
Karen

Kim said...

Jeanette that is adorable! I love it! I love how you used 2 Tildas together!
Hugs~ Kim

NGCARDS said...

aww wow this is a really cute halloween card, love the two tilda's! Fab colours aswell xxx

Mrs Mac said...

Don't know why I had such trouble with this week's sketch- everyone else seems to have done so well!!!!

Congrats on the 10/- hits, btw!!!!

Krystinah said...

What a great card...Your coloring is awesome...I love it...I want to try this sketch too...Kristina

debby4000 said...

Wonderful halloween card, and fabulous work using the sketch.

Rach said...

a gorgeous, gorgeous card Jeanette, looks fabulous what you did with the sketch..great colour combinations and images.xx

Ila said...

I love this Halloween card!! your coloring is Gorgeous and the scene you created is Wonderful!!..Hugs, Ila

carolann said...

This is stunning hun love the way you have coloured the image so proffesional xxxxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails