A few weeks ago, I came up with the idea for these books. It took me until after my vacation to complete them and this long until I had the time to tell you all about it! When Kimmie made her challenge at first I thought I could use these since they were almost done but she had her own sketch to follow. It was a great one and now I have my date book. It is in an earlier posting this week.
Any how, everytime I see blog candy that contains stamped images all ready to color I think to myself that would be so much easier. My time is limited and I thought it would be a good idea to just spend a block of time dedicated to stamping up a slew of images and then storing them - ready and waiting for me. So I decided to make two books. One for images to color with my Copic markers and another for images colored with Gamsol & Prismacolors. I had a 6x6 pad of DP from SU! and I knew I'd be able to have enough to make all my pages and have them all match.
The books are 5x5. I cut out the covers and backs from a cereal box and then covered them inside and out. I made 10 inside pages for each book. Each page has a pocket and a tab.
I used my Bind-it-All machine to punch the holes and set the binding. I used two of my favorite Magnolia stamps to adorn the covers and VOILA! The one for my Copic images has the Copic colored Tilda and a Gamsol colored one for the Gamsol images! My husband did not clearly see my logic but I know you will all understand!
I really love them and they are filled up and just waiting for me! Here's a close-up so you can see how glittery her wings are! Love them!
Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week-end!